Rapid antigen testing units – 6 October 2021
Based on the decisions of the Council of Ministers, dated 30 July 2021, and aiming at the suppression of the dispersion of the virus SARS-CoV-2, as of the 1st of August, in places where SafePass is required, individuals aged 12 and above must hold one of the following:
According to the Ministerial Decision, dated 2 July, as of 1st of August, only the following groups of citizens may be served through the mobile rapid antigen testing units:
• Minors up to 17 years old. It is understood that children aged 12-17 who do not have the consent of their parents/legal guardians for vaccination may carry out a rapid test free of charge through the programme of the Ministry of Health.
• Persons aged 18 years or over who cannot be vaccinated, provided they possess a medical certificate, and after their request has been examined by the Cyprus Medical Association and the Ministry of Health and has been approved. The approval must be presented to the testing unit.
• Pregnant women who are unable for medical reasons to be vaccinated, provided they possess a relevant approval from the ad hoc committee of the Cyprus Medical Association and the Ministry of Health, issued after their request has been examined along with all necessary medical certificates from their Gynaecologist.
• Persons who have been vaccinated with the 1st dose of the vaccine, for the three-week period that they are obliged to be tested as a precondition for the issuance of a SafePass. For verification purposes the Vaccination Card must be presented.
• Persons who have completed their vaccination scheme but wish to take tests for health monitoring purposes or for other reasons. It is understood that the Vaccination Card must be presented.
• Persons holding a COVID-19 recovery certificate within the last 180 days but wish to take tests for health monitoring purposes or for other reasons. It is understood that the recovery certificate must be presented.
In addition to the above verification certificates, it is reminded that all citizens must carry proof of identity (e.g. Identity Card, Driver’s Licence, Passport, etc.), for identification purposes.
On Wednesday, 6 October 2021, the testing units under the control programme of the Ministry of Health, will be operating, only for the abovementioned groups of citizens, in the following areas:
|District||Location of testing units||Operating hours|
|Lemesos||University Square (behind TEPAK Rectorate)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|(5 units)||Pano Polemidia Cultural Events Hall||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|My Mall Limassol||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Atlantica Oasis Hotel, Germasogeia (hotel lobby)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Conference Centre of Kolossi (close to Apostolos Loukas Church)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Larnaka||"Agios Georgios Kontos" parking area, Larnaka||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|(4 units)||Metropolis Mall (2Β Emergency Exit)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Livadia Square (next to the Bank of Cyprus)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Area near the Municipal Health Clinic of Aradippou||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Lefkosia||Agios Dometios Municipality (event hall)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|(12 units)||European University Cyprus, Egkomi (graduation platform, next to the cafeteria)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Aglantzia Healthcare Centre (entrance opposite Lefkoniko Municipality)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Panagia Evangelistria Church, Palouriotissa||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Mall of Cyprus (underground parking area)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Agios Georgios Church, Latsia||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Tis tou Theou Sofias Church, Strovolos||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Lakatamia Municipal Gallery (behind the amphitheatre of Lakatamia)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Psimolofou Community Clinic||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Paliometocho Community Clinic||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Nicosia Mall||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Dali Community Clinic||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Pafos||Kings Avenue Mall, Pafos (main entrance)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|(2 units)||Town Hall Square (next to “Efseveia” Club)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Ammochostos||Paralimni Municipal building (covered parking area)||9 a.m.-6 p.m.|
Relevant Press Releases
Rapid Antigen Testing Units – 26 June 2022
Rapid Antigen Testing Units – 25 June 2022