Funding of Development Projects for Feature Films by the South Eastern European Cinema Network (SEE)
The Cultural Services of the Deputy Ministry of Culture announce that the South Eastern European Cinema Network (SEE) launches a contest between its member-states for the funding of Development Projects for Feature Films. In its next meeting, to be held this coming November 2022, the Network will examine the submitted proposals and select the best among them to be funded.
- Feature films with a minimum running time of 70 minutes and aimed at theatrical release are accepted for examination. These projects must have assumed the form of co-productions between at least two producers from two SEE CINEMA Network member-states (Cyprus, Greece, Serbia, Albania, Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Romania, Bulgaria). The participation of third co-producers from other countries is not excluded. Proof of the participation of co-producers should be in the form of agreements or at least memorandums between the parties involved in the project. The files submitted must have secured the services of a delegate producer, director and scriptwriter, all three from the Network’s member-states.
- As they progress, the submitted development projects should also assume the final form of co-production in compliance with the general principles and conditions stipulated by the European Convention on Co-productions.
- The artistic and technical contributors to the film must, should the project become a feature film, as much as possible come from the Network’s member-states.
- The applications are submitted by the producer to his/her own country.
The evaluation of the development projects and the selection of those to be funded will be carried out by the General Assembly of SEE CINEMA Network representatives.
The evaluation is carried out based on the following criteria:
- The dynamic demonstrated by the dramaturgical idea
- The dramaturgical integrity of the script
- The project’s artistic potential
- The project’s commercial potential
- The recognition received by the artistic team’s (scriptwriter and director) earlier projects from critics, the public and festivals
- Proof of financing that the production may have already secured
- The thoroughness of the strategic plan mapped out by the executive producer regarding the management and promotion of the project
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION AND EVALUATION OF THE PROJECTS
Cypriot producers must submit the following:
- Two identical bound copies must be submitted by the applicants until Wednesday, 14 September 2022, in two identical files, to the Cultural Services of the Deputy Ministry of Culture, care of Mr Diomedes Nikitas or Ms Elena Christodoulidou (Cultural Services Building: 27, Iphigeneias Str., Acropolis 2007, Nicosia, Offices 110 (1st floor) and 403 (4th floor), Tel: 22809811 and 22809846. The file (see CONTENT OF CANDIDATES’ FILES) must also be sent to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org in one single PDF file.
CONTENT OF CANDIDATES’ FILES
The candidates’ files should contain the following documentation:
- Duly completed application form
- Biographical note of the scriptwriter, director, producer, and information on the production company
- Synopsis in Greek/English (2 pages)
- Treatment in Greek/English (approx. 10-15 pages)
- A copy of the complete script in Greek/English
- Statement of intent regarding the artistic and commercial dynamic of the project written jointly by the director and the producer
- Strategy for managing and marketing the project by the producer (up to 3 pages)
- Analytical budget of the development project which will include expenses directly and specifically linked to the project
- Summary of the production budget and breakdown for the co-producers
- Any other documentation that may be useful in evaluating the project
The amount of funding usually rises to €6.000-€10.000 and will depend on the Network’s financial ability.
The synopsis, treatment and script must be written in English and Greek. The rest of the documentation must be written in English.
Interested parties may obtain application forms and the analytical regulation from the Announcements section of www.filmingincyprus.gov.cy and by contacting Cultural Services by phone on 22809811 and 22809846 or by email email@example.com.