Foreign Trade of Cyprus 2021
The Statistical Service announces the publication of an infographic on foreign trade of Cyprus for year 2021.
Total imports of goods (from EU member states and from third countries) in 2021 amounted to €8.651,7 mn while total exports of goods (to EU member states and to third countries) were €3.373,4 mn. The trade deficit was €5.278,3 mn in 2021.
Some of the useful information presented in the infographic is:
- The share of intra-EU imports for year 2021 constituted 65,1% of the total compared to 54,2% in year 2015, while extra-EU imports for year 2021 constituted 34,9% compared to 45,8% in 2015. The share of intra-EU exports for year 2021 was 27,4% compared to 40,0% in year 2015, while extra-EU exports for year 2021 constituted 72,6% compared to 60,0% in 2015.
- The share of exports of domestic goods reached 42,9% of the total exports in 2021 compared to 27,6% in 2015.
- The main partner countries in imports for 2021 were Greece (€2.076,3 mn), Italy (€883,7 mn), Germany (€539,4 mn), the Netherlands (€445,7 mn) and China (€431,1 mn), whereas the main partner countries in exports of domestic goods were Lebanon (€257,3 mn), the United Kingdom (€171,8 mn), Greece (€106,3 mn), Kenya (€66,2 mn) and Israel (€64,6 mn).
- The main share in imports for home consumption by economic destination consisted of consumer goods with 30,8% followed by intermediate inputs (e.g. cereals, building iron) with 29,1% and transport equipment with 22,7%.
- Industrial products of manufacturing origin with 40,9% constituted the main part of exports of domestically produced goods followed by industrial products of mineral origin with 29,0% and industrial products of agricultural origin with 23,4%.
- The main products imported in Cyprus in 2021 were mineral fuels and oils (€1.571,7 mn), vessels (€898,9 mn), motor cars, other vehicles and parts (€528,3 mn), electrical machinery, devices, materials (€517,1 mn), other machinery, boilers, appliances and their parts (€497,6 mn).
- The main products of domestic origin exported from Cyprus in 2021 were mineral fuels and oils (€380,4 mn), pharmaceutical products (€326,9 mn), halloumi cheese (€263,0 mn), waste and scrap (of paper, glass, metal) (€75,1 mn) and potatoes (€42,1 mn).
For more information:
CYSTAT Portal, theme External Trade
Predefined Tables (Excel)
Ioanna Leontiou: Tel.: +357 22 605122, Email: email@example.com
Elina Toumbaki: Tel.: +357 22 602214, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org