Announcement of the Ministry of Health on the decisions of the Council of Ministers
In today’s meeting of the Council of Ministers, the Minister of Health, after a meeting with the members of the Advisory Scientific Committee held on January 10, 2023, presented the recommendations submitted by the members of the Committee following an assessment of the epidemiological picture recorded in Cyprus, as well as the recommendations of the European Commission as regards the epidemiological picture recorded in China.
In view of the above, the Council of Ministers decided on the following:
- as of January 15, 2023 (5.00 am) a negative PCR test is required from all passengers arriving in Cyprus from China, 48 hours prior to their departure (direct flight or connection flight).
- the use of protective masks as well as compliance with personal hygiene and protection measures is recommended on all flights to and from Cyprus as well as crowded spaces (indoors).
- the conduct of analyses of airport and aircraft waste by a company that will undertake the collection and analysis, following a tender to be launched by the Ministry of Health.
- extension of all existing measures up until March 15, 2023.
- in vitro diagnostic medical products and vaccines for COVID -19 will continue to be subject to zero VAT rate.