- All translations are paid in advance
- You need to bring the original + two photocopies + prepayment in cash or bank cheque to Office number 11 on the ground floor. Ιf you need copies, you can either use the PIO’s copy services by paying the relative fee (€ 0,20) per page of A4 and A3, or bring the required number of copies with you.
- Prepayment is required. Payments by bank transfer are not accepted.
- There is the option of submission /delivery of documents by courier service.
- The time needed for the completion of a translation depends on the length and content of the document.
- Urgent translations for which extra fees have been paid (8 euro per page), are delivered as follows: for texts consisting of 1 or 2 pages, the translation is delivered the following working day, after 11 am. For longer texts, an arrangement should be made with the competent officer.
- You will get one (1) copy of the translation. If you need more certified copies, the cost will be €3.40 for the first page and €1.70 per following page.
- Let us know how you want names to be translated (e.g. John or Yiannis or Giannis etc).
- • For translations that will be submitted abroad you may need to get an apostille. Please consult with the Ministry of Justice before submitting the documents for translation.
- For school leaving certificates you need to have your document certified by the Ministry of Education and Culture and in certain cases apostilled at the Ministry of Justice before the translation.
- To track your translation we need to know the language pair and the 5 digit reference number written on your receipt
Presentation of the Original Document
The PIO does not accept copies of documents for translation if the original document has not been presented, unless the bearer consents that a seal be affixed indicating that no original has been presented.
However, presentation of the original document is always required when the document belongs to one of the following categories:
1. Educational Documents
2. Marriage Certificates
3. Birth Certificates
4. Death Certificates
5. Clear Criminal Record Certificates
7. ID Cards
8. Bank Account Reports
9. Property deeds
10. Legal Documents
Document Reception/Delivery: Ground floor, office no. 11 and 18
Working hours: Monday - Friday 8.00 - 15:00
||Press and Information Office
5-7 Apelli str.