Categories of citizens with risk factors for serious affliction by COVID-19
Patients in the categories below can opt to do telework or work from places where they do not interact with the public and there is not too much movement of persons, while maintaining the precautionary measures provided for in the sanitary protocols.
- Preexisting Chronic Pulmonary Illness (e.g. severe bronchial asthma, long-term oxygen treatment patient or in non-invasive ventilation [CRAP or BiPaP] at home, severe pulmonary hypertension (NYHA III and IV), severe pulmonary fibrosis, pneumonectomy/lobectomy)
- Severe Chronic Renal Deficiency (creatinine cleansing below 15ml/min and undergoing haemodialysis)
- Congenital Heart Diseases following surgical repair with significant remaining damage or non-repaired congenital heart diseases with remaining damage.
- Active use of biological factors (e.g. TNF blockers, interleukin blockers) or other immunosuppressive medicines.
- Patients with a background of solid organ transplant or haematopoietic stem cells.
- Patients with a solid organ malignancy or a haematological one for which they undergo chemotherapy or radiation or immunotherapy.
- HIV patients or with number CD4 <200/mm3 lymphocytes.
- Hereditary or acquired immunodeficiency.
- Pregnant or puerperal women with preeclampsia, gestational diabetes or other illness increasing the risk of complications.
- Heart deficiency of any cause (whether ischemic or not), NYHA III or IV. stage. Cardiovascular disease:
- Recent acute coronary syndrome or revascularization surgery: plastic surgery or stent implant in the last 12 months
- Aorta-coronary bypass (CABG (bypass)) in the last 12 months, and
- Recent AEE in the last 12 months or with established neurological semiology.
The above categories have been selected on the basis of the available international bibliography and by taking into account the up to date epidemiological data of the COVID-19 disease in the international space and in the Republic of Cyprus.
Provided that the specific provisions do not apply to persons falling in the above categories, employed in individual workplaces and not serving the public.