Requirement to possess a SafePass in indoor spaces
Following the re-opening of establishments/businesses as of 1st June, within the framework of the strategy for the gradual restart of the economy and social activity, and to ensure the safest possible activity of citizens, it is reminded that the possession of a SafePass is required for indoor spaces.
It is noted that in case of a check by authorized officers, persons aged 12 and over are obliged to possess and present a SafePass, during their presence in the following businesses/establishments:
- Indoor spaces of catering establishments (restaurants, cafes, bars, snack bars, etc.)
- Indoor places of religious worship
- Indoor theatres, amphitheatres, cinemas and performing arts or spectacle halls
- Shopping centres and department stores
- Social events such as weddings, christenings and funerals, etc.
- Gyms, dance schools and other sports schools, in accordance with the guidelines by the Cyprus Sports Organisation
- Senior People’s homes, nursing homes, accommodation facilities for the chronically ill and other closed structures
- Hotels and tourist accommodations
- Conferences, trade fairs
At the same time, it is clarified that the possession of a SafePass is not mandatory for outdoors or open-air spaces and establishments. Specifically, the possession of a SafePass is not required in:
- Hair dressing salons, beauty parlours
- Departments of the private, public and wider public sector where the public is served
- Gambling and betting businesses
- Farmers’ markets, supermarkets, bakeries, butcheries, fishmongers, fruit markets, minimarkets, kiosks, pharmacies
- Outdoor spaces of catering establishments
- Courtyard areas of places of religious worship
- Outdoor theatres, amphitheatres, cinemas and performing arts or spectacle halls
- Outdoor picnic areas, dams and zoos.
It is noted that for a SafePass, citizens aged 12 and over must present one of the following forms of evidence:
Relevant Press Releases
Health and Hospital Statistics 2020